Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who We Can Help in April


Someone Special We Can Help

For eight years, I've watched family friend Isabelle Carpenter of Austin deal with her diabetes with grace and poise. When I learned that Isabelle, now 11, will be honored at this year's gala for the Austin Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund (JDRF) on April 18th, I wanted to take part in the tribute.

During the month of April all funds earned through the Seed Campiagn will be donated to JDRF, in Isabelle's name. JDRF is a wonderful national nonprofit organization dedicated to translating scientific advances into longer, healthier lives for those with diabetes.

I've been so impressed through the years with Isabelle and her attitude. She is such a solid, articulate, joyful girl and I know how hard her whole family has worked to raise awareness of juvenile diabetes. It's my honor and pleasure to do anything possible to help.

We have other friends who have been dealing with juvenile diabetes and we would love to make the road easier for all of them through research. Please send this to others, especially if you know someone with diabetes.


Remember How It Works

If you've got to buy things, why not make each dollar go farther and help someone else in the process? If you buy your Amazon products through my website, you can be doing good when so many people are in need (and donations are down for many non-profits.) On my home page, click on "Buy the Book," which will take you to Amazon.

Once you're at Amazon, either buy my book (smile! thanks!) or find another product to buy. Amazon will return a commission on any item purchased to the Seed Campaign. EASY!

We Did Good in March Too

In March the Seed Campaign was rasing money for the Association of Women's Business Centers, a non-profit devoted to helping women entrepreneuers through training, mentoring and financial opportunities. I'm happy to report that through our efforts the Seed Campaign is able to donate $462 to the organization. Let's hope this helps many women entrepreneurs grow their businesses.

With this month's total, the Seed Campaign has raised more than $3,700 for various causes since September. Good work! Thanks for your help.

Don't Forget the Lavender Tour

I recently sent out a special e-mail announcing the details on the Lavender Queen Hill Country Tour on Friday, June 12th, which will take readers to many places mentioned in my book and co-incide with the Blanco Lavender Festival. Several of you have written in the last few days asking if there was still room. We've already had a number of sign-ups (yeah!), but yes, there's still room.

As I said, I have a maximum of 28 people for the tour, so it will be a cozy bunch riding around the Hill Country in our own special mini-bus. I know it will be a blast.

We'll get to see so many places together, including the stone barn that Robb and I renovated (above).

All sign-up details are on my website! It's easy to reserve a spot.

All best wishes and many thanks for continuing to support the Seed Campaign--Jeannie